20 February 2007

Know Your Pastries!

So I’ve taken various photos of all the amazing pâtisseries we’ve/I’ve been eating, and why not throw them all here in one place. Alternate title for this post: If I Start Getting Fat In My Pictures, You Now Know Why.

And here we go:



Opéra

Le Divorce*
What a great name! A divorce between café and chocolat is a divorce I can support.

Crêpe chocolat chantilly

Moelleux amandes

Tarte aux fraises

Tarte Normande (poires, amandes)


Gâteau chocolat

Assorted

Millefeuille*

Réligieuse (café)

Tarte aux pommes


Assorted


Forêt Noire (Black Forest)


Tarte aux framboises

Galette des Rois: This one of the cheesy Pirates of the Caribbean galette I discreetly (or so I hope) just had to take, having spotted it sitting there in the super-ghetto supermarket near Flávia. Around this time of year this huge circular flaky, layered, buttery, delicious cake is cut into slivers and shared among friends or family (I've had it with my host family, real family, and friends - excellent), and whoever finds the little truc inside (it's a little figurine) gets to wear the paper crown and be the king (Roi) or queen (Reine). From the looks of it the one that comes with this one is pretty effing jazzy. We should have bought it.
See my post in late January about my cousin Sophie's party for further info on this topic.

Tarte aux fraises, éclair chocolat


Assorted


* contender for Favorite Pastry

1 comment:

Flavia Menezes said...

this is INCREDIBLE, tor. i LOVE it. such a necessity in order to have a real parisian lifestyle.