21 September 2007

"Random Player Mix"....

...I'd call it an "iPod Shuffle" but okay. Ha... so here is the most random post ever, considering I haven't updated this at all though I've meant to go back and fill in all the gaps from Paris as well as perhaps some interesting, random things from life in NY and DC.

My random 80-or-so minutes' worth:

New York Dolls - Personality Crisis
Weezer - Simple Pages
Morrissey - This World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
Shins - Phantom Limb
Emiliana Torrini - To Be Free
The Clash - Hateful
Fratellis - Got Ma Nuts From A Hippy (Lol... that title still makes me laugh)
White Stripes - Ball and Biscuit
Sufjan Stevens - In the Devil's Territory
Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek (that one threw me for a loop as I hadn't listened to it in half a year)
The Presidents of the United States of America - Peaches (Try like 7 years!)
Arctic Monkeys - 505
Radiohead - 2+2=5
Les Chansons d'Amour - J'ai cru entendre
Pete Yorn - Crystal Village
Memphis - A Little Place in the Wilderness
Death Cab for Cutie - We Looked Like Giants
Tap Tap - Way To Go, Boy
Delgados - Girls of Valour
Loquat - Take It Back
Ted Leo/RXs - The Ballad of the Sin Eater
Neutral Milk Hotel - Communist Daughter
Third Eye Blind - Eye Conqueror
Silverchair - Ana's Song (Open Fire) - I sheepishly admit, I love this song!!
Neko Case- Ghost Writing
Mates of State - 10 Years Later


And the Ween's mix, which totally kicks my mix's arse:

Phoenix-Second to None

The Beatles-Here Comes the Sun

Tori Amos-Mother

We Are Scientists-The Great Escape

Sufjan Stevens-John Wayne Gacy Jr.

Tegan and Sara-I Bet It Stung

The Beatles-Oh!Darling

Stevie Wonder-Isn’t She Lovely

Mendelssohn-Wedding March

Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins-Handle With Care

Rilo Kiley-Silver Lining

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah-Blue Turning Grey

Death Cab For Cutie-Soul Meets Body

Everclear-I Will Buy You A New Life

Badly Drawn Boy-Stone On The Water

Yann Tiersen-Pas Si Simple

The Shins-Caring Is Creepy

Norah Jones-I’ve Got To See You Again

Beach Boys-God Only Knows

Death Cab for Cutie-Title And Registration

The Magic Numbers-Try

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists-High Party

Dave Matthews Band-Satellite

Billy Joel-Tell Her About It

Moby-Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?

The Shins-Sleeping Lessons



I can think of no other way to end this post than to echo the sentiment at the close of Ween's email to me with her tracklist: Verbatim: RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI RI KI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sean said...

Wow... very surprised to see this finally get done and what's even more surprising... they're really sweet mixes.. except for one song on the first one... lol... well done!

I really like the JL backed with RK! Hot!!! LOL